The instructions below describe the steps to create the Gallery page of this site.
Create a gallery.
- When at the editing area for the page, click the “Elementor” button to enter the Elementor editor.
- Click the “Add New Section” button to create a space for editing.
- Select the 1-column layout.
- Click in the section to show the widgets available on the Elementor sidebar.
- Hover over the Text Editor widget (a cross icon appears) and drag the widget to the section. A blue bar should appear to indicate the widget is in the section during the dragging process.
- Garbage text will initially show in the widget. Replace the text with an explanation of the gallery page.
- At the top left of the Elementor sidebar, click the 3X3 dot icon to again display the widgets available.
- Drag the Heading widget into the area immediately below the Text Editor widget and enter the Heading title.
- Drag the Image Gallery widget into the area below the Heading Widget.
- Select Image Size (Medium) and Columns (3).
- Click the Add Images area. Select the Upload (from your computer) or Media Library (images to use are already in the site library). The Media Library selection is used in this example.
- Select each image in the library to be in the gallery. Then click the “Create a new gallery” button on the bottom right.
- Next click the “Insert gallery” button on the bottom right.
- Return to the widgets display (top right 3X3 icon) and repeat steps 8-13 for another group of gallery images.
- Click the Settings icon in the Elementor sidebar lower left.
Turn the Hide Title switch to “YES”.
- Update the page edits with the “Update” button on the bottom of the Elementor sidebar.
- Click the eyeball icon to the left of the “Update” button to preview the page.
The green section below in the Image widget are help aids such as a link to these instructions and not normally part of this page.
- Click the “Update” button at the bottom of the Elementor sidebar to save the page edits.
- Click the hamburger icon in the Elementor sidebar, then click the “Exit to Dashboard” button to exit Elementor.